Whiplash Treatment with our Riverdale Chiropractor
Our Riverdale chiropractor treats your whiplash symptoms with natural techniques. From chiropractic adjustments to physical therapy, your whiplash symptoms disappear quickly and without lasting discomfort. If you are feeling symptoms of whiplash such as neck pain, headaches, upper back pain, difficulty turning your head, blurry vision, nausea or fatigue, we invite you for an examination with our chiropractors at Advanced Sports Medicine and Physical Therapy. The sooner you start whiplash treatment, the less likely you are to struggle with pain and limited mobility. Plus, when you choose a holistic, chiropractic approach, you improve the strength and positioning of your neck and back to reduce your risk of future injuries.
Whiplash Causes and Whiplash Treatment
Whiplash is caused when your body is moving forward and is suddenly stopped, such as during an auto accident. When this occurs, your head often continues to move forward and then is snapped back into place. As a result, the muscles along the back of your neck and upper back may become overstretched. This snapping movement also affects the vertebrae in your neck and the connecting tissues such as the tendons and ligaments. Since all of these areas, muscles, bones and connective tissues are affected, your symptoms can vary. You may feel muscle tenderness and an inability to turn your head. You may feel pain or a tingling sensation if a nerve becomes pinched or interrupted. Even if you are not experiencing immediate symptoms following a collision, we encourage you to have your spine examined for whiplash. Our chiropractors evaluate your spinal alignment to determine which treatments are most effective for your individual case.
Our chiropractor in Riverdale uses a combinational approach for whiplash treatment. Your care plan may include:
- Chiropractic manipulations to re-position the vertebrae in your neck and upper back. This allows for proper healing without pain.
- Laser therapy if we see damaged muscle tissues. The laser reaches into the deep layers of muscle tissue to prevent the buildup of scar tissue which can further restrict your movements.
- Physical therapy as you heal so your neck recovers its full range of motion.
- Corrective exercises to use with us and at home to stretch and strengthen the muscles that support your head and neck.
- Lifestyle changes to help you maintain a healthy neck alignment and reduce further discomfort.
- Acupuncture to improve circulation to your neck to quickly heal damaged tissues.
Contact us Immediately for Whiplash Treatment from our Riverdale Chiropractor
Our Riverdale chiropractor encourages you to contact us as soon as possible following an auto accident or other incident in which you may have caused whiplash. If your head has recently snapped back into place forcefully, let our chiropractors examine you to determine the extent of your injuries, even if you are not experiencing painful symptoms. Our treatments begin to work immediately to provide relief and mobility. To learn more, for answers to your questions or to schedule a consultation, please call Advanced Sports Medicine and Physical Therapy today at (973) 616-4555.